The minor requires 18 hours of coursework, including two of the following four courses:
- ANT 217 People of Asia
- ARH 254 Asian Art History
- HY 113 Asian Civilization to 1400
- HY 114 Asian Civilization since 1400
- REL 102 Religions of the World
- REL 220 Survey of Asian Religions
The remaining 12 hours are electives from among the lists of courses that qualify for Asian Studies. Six of those hours must be upper-level courses. Minors should also take at least two semesters of a relevant language unless their course of study requires a non-Asian language. Language courses below 300 cannot count towards the 18 hours for the minor.
For a list of courses that count toward the Asian Studies minor, see the Undergraduate Catalog or review our course lists.